Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Bit of This, A Little of That

The past 4 weeks have been a blur!

Little Man is still playing ball. His team has been winning. He's been scoring 2 runs and getting a few outs at home. He likes playing the "pitcher" position. My favorite thing that he does is that he still hits the ground twice before he bats. He has one game left - this Thursday, and then an awards banquet.

After the last few ball games, he and Princess have been going home with Papa. That has included dinner out (usually mcdonald's or burger king) and then a trip to the Hallmark store for Webkinz and Webkinz paraphernalia. So, in the past month, the kiddies have gotten 4 new Webkinz, 4 new Webkinz outfits, and a Webkinz carrier/purse.

We had Field Day at school a few Fridays ago. Earlier in the year, the idea came to me to make tie-dyed t-shirts for my class for Field Day. You see, each grade is divided into four different squads for PE (and therefore for field day) - green, red, yellow, or blue. For Field Day, the cherubs are to wear a t-shirt in their squad color. So, I thought it would be neat to have matching shirts. What better way to have matching shirts than to have tie-dyed shirts. I tie-dyed 25 shirts in one night. (23 for my cherubs, plus 2 for my kiddies) Although it involved some extra laundry (4 extra loads that night), it was well worth it! The results were fantastic!! I've got pictures, but they are on the other computer. I hope to get them uploaded this weekend.

After Field Day, Princess and I went to a Relay for Life for Big Man's Aunt. It was an all-nighter. We spent the night with Big Man's grandmother. It was after 2am till I got to bed, but it was worth it. I would do it again for her. She is in the middle of a battle against breast cancer. She is undergoing her 2nd round of chemo right now. The doctors want to do radiation next.

Big Man has started a full schedule of classes for the summer. He's gone from 8:00am to 8:30pm on Monday through Thursday. He is also still preaching on Sundays.

Princess missed a few days of school last week so that she could go to help Nana and Papa move Auntie back here. Auntie had been teaching school in another state for the past several years, but has moved home to go on deputation. Next year, she is going to Peru to be a missionary teacher in a Christian school. Auntie didn't know she was coming along, so that was a surprise for Auntie.

Little Man had a rough time while Princess was gone. Those two really play and do a lot together. It is obvious when one is gone. He cried both nights she was gone and he slept in her bed. "To be able to smell her" was his reasoning. He is all about the smells, people - all about the smells! We took him to the Big City on Friday night. He got to pick the place we ate (applebee's). Then we went to a movie. We went to see "Night at the Museum 2, Battle for the Smithsonian." It was okay. The first one was better. It was long and drawn out. Parts of it were interesting. We aren't going to take Princess, but mostly because we don't want to spend the money again. It's definitely for older children, because of the story. I'd give it 2 1/2 out of 5.

So, that's a bit of rambling for now. Maybe some more cohesive posts will be coming.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Wow - you have been busy!

Little Man is so cute about missing his sister!

Which webkinz did they get?

We saw Night at the Museum 2 also and I totally agree with you. Too long, and the first one was better. Oh well.

I had my root canal today so I am all numb on one side of my face. I'm going to lay down for a little while before I write a book on this comment post!

Xazmin said...

That is so sweet that Little Man slept in Princess' bed to smell her!

How adorable!

jennykate77 said...

Kudos for participating in Relay for Life! Stop by my blog and leave a comment on my Comment for a Cause /Bloggiversary post. For every comment, I'm donating a dollar to Relay for Life!

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow now that is one busy family.
I love the tie dye t-shirt idea. When I taught I loved doing things that the kids would be able to hold onto after they left my class.
We are having our Relay for Life event in June. We aren't on a team but we try to go with my mom every year.
Oh, how I hated when Donnie had to take summer classes. Like you said they make for some long days.
Thanks for catching us up and have a great day!

annies home said...

my son has played little league sports since he was old enough grew up with these boys and now they have a tight tight bond I hope the same for your little man

Susan said...

You have been busy! Now it's time to slow down and relax some, right?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin