Click on that cute button for more recipes - after you read mine :)
It's Tuesday! It's time to check out some yummy recipes! I did a recipe last week, if you want to see that, click here. Now for today's terrific treat!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got this recipe from the back of a bag of Kraft Shredded Five Blend Italian Cheese.
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips (i didn't have red pepper, i used green pepper)
1/4 c pesto
1 lemon cut in half, divided (i didn't use lemon at all)
1 c Kraft Shredded Italian Five Cheese Blend (i did use this, but any shredded cheese would probably work)
2 c hot cooked angel hair pasta (i used ziti, or rotini, i can't remember which)
Directions:
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium. Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is evenly browned. Stir in peppers; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring frequently.
- Stir in pesto and juice from 1 lemon half (again, i skipped the lemon); top with cheese. Cover; cook on low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon over pasta.
- Serve with remaining lemon half, cut into wedges (i skipped this part, too).
This was a BIG hit with the kiddies! They LOVED it!! Since Big Man and I are on a "diet" (not so much a diet as it is a life/food style change), we were able to eat this without the pasta, if we wanted. The chicken was delicious without the pasta, but it was good with it, too.
I've got some turkey breast cutlets that I'm thinking of using this week in this recipe instead of the chicken. I'm sure those will be delicious, too!


3 comments:
I'll have to try this recipe out on my kids! They are such picky eaters! It sounds yummy though.
mmm can't wait to try out this recipe...sounds delish!
Sounds delicious! Pesto is one of our favorites! There are really so many ways you can enjoy it...over pasta, as a sandwich spread, on chicken...YUM!
Post a Comment