Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Ball Game of 2009

Little Man is playing tee ball again this spring. As of today, he has had 4 games (we missed one when we were away). He has made 2 runs per game and on Friday night he hit a grand slam home run!! He averages 2 outs per game, too. He's quite the little slugger! He does get distracted when he has to play outfield and does the best job at the pitcher position (although he's not the pitcher, but someone has to play on the mound). He is also pretty good at first base, when his team throws the ball to him! He gets frustrated when his teammates don't catch the balls that he throws to them - then he starts running the ball to them.

I know, awww, isn't he cute!
These uploaded in reverse order, so this is him at 3rd base!
Running home for his first home run of the season!
That's him with his shirt untucked,
(which is a point of contention with him and me)
playing defense between 1st and 2nd base.
He's number 7 (we now have 4 sets of numbers shirts and hats
for this team from previous seasons. i wonder if we could request a
number for next year so we don't have to buy a new uniform??)
Yeah, I'm not so good with the camera.
That's him behind the fence.
Batter up!!!
He does this thing where he hits the ground twice
before he bats. Big Man did the same thing when he played ball.
Running to 1st base.
Safe on 1st. Waiting to run to 2nd.
Now, here he is on 2nd base.
He hasn't started playing with the bases yet. He likes to
pick the bases up to see what kind and how many bugs are under them.
Running to 3rd.


I don't know if I'll get any more pictures from this season of ball. I like my camera. It does pretty good for still pictures and daily stuff, but for programs and sports/action shots, it's not so good. I dislike taking pictures that are blurry or aren't zoomed in nicely. So, this might be it until the awards program in 4 weeks.

5 comments:

Elena said...

Your little guy looks so cute in his baseball outfit. How fun to watch him play!

Leah said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you over at my blog. :)

Susan said...

He looks so cute in his uniform! Looks like he really likes tee ball.

Chandler said...

Buzz's number is 7 too.

Adrienne said...

The untucked shirt is ok for now, but as he moves up an umpire will throw him out. Have a coach or umpire tell him to tuck it in, they have more pull than mom on the ballfield.

I miss little league can I come and watch him? Mine is too big (19)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin